Programs Offered and the People We Serve
Our mission at Alabama Goodwill Industries is to “Change Lives Through the Power of Work”. We strive to fulfill this mission internally and externally as a “Learning Organization”. We understand that as we develop our team and grow our retail line of business, we are able to grow our mission services programs. One of the many ways that we are focused on growth is by providing the team with the tools and skills necessary to perform their job successfully, and implementing development plans for each team member that impacts them personally and professionally. By making these strategic changes, we are increasing net revenue; resulting in more dollars towards our mission of changing lives.
This strategy afforded us the ability to increase the number of individuals served from 223 in 2018 to 18,875 in 2020. The increase in revenue provided additional funding for more programs that resulted in more lives changed!
Below are a variety of programs that we have offered for many years and few new ones! Thanks to your support, we will keep growing and serving more…
Our Career Center is NOW OPEN!
By Appointment Only! Schedule your spot today and get started on your career goals.
Skills to Succeed
- Engages learners with media-rich, immersive scenarios and interactive exercises
- Flexible delivery approaches: in the classroom, individual self-study, with an advisor, or any combination.
- Certificate upon completion.
Goodwill powered site that offers free tutorials for digital literacy and life skills such as managing financials and job readiness.
- Language Skills (ESL, English, Spanish, French, Greek and more!)
- Career Planning and Job Search Skills
- Technology and Popular Software Skills
- GED Prep Resources
- Creativity and Design Skills
NorthStar Digital Literacy
Curriculum that offers:
- Digital Skills Assessment (Pre & Post Test)
- Learning at an individual pace
- Digital Skills needed for employment in office settings & beyond
- Highly Recognized Certificate of Completion
Partnership with ADRS and Birmingham/Jefferson County School Systems to offer “Smart Work Ethics” to youth that are preparing for employment upon graduation from high school.
Students develop an improved:
• Attitude and Work Ethic
• Image and Appearance
• Interpersonal Communication
• Emotional Intelligence
• Organizational Skills, and More!
Exciting Details Coming Soon…
Partnership with ADRS to refer adults to our organization for evaluation, counseling and to acquire the “soft skills” needed for success in locating and maintaining competitive employment.
• Employment Assessment
• Job Preparation Coaching
• Job Readiness Training
• Job Placement Assistance
• Retention Monitoring