Alabama Goodwill Industries (AGI) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that offers employment opportunities to the people who need it most. Goodwill is not only a sustainable social enterprise that helps people earn jobs, build their careers and make positive contributions to their communities but also a great place to work for over 200 team members!
Alabama Goodwill, incorporated in 1927, is operated by a local, volunteer board of directors and recognized with GuideStar’s Silver Seal of Approval. When you donate to Goodwill, Goodwill creates jobs to process and sell those donations, and fund development programs for those in need. Thank you for providing “A hand up, not a hand-out” for those we serve.
At Goodwill, we like to consider ourselves the original recyclers. For more than a century, Goodwill has been a pioneer of the “reduce, reuse, repurpose” concept. Your donated goods have the power to make a difference in people’s lives, strengthen communities and create a healthier environment.
Through funding partnerships and the kind donations that our communities provide, we create employment opportunities wherein those with barriers to employment and self-sufficiency can learn, develop, and grow to become productive members of the community and reach their life goals.
We envision AGI as an annual $30 million dollar organization by the year 2024, with the resources necessary to support and sustain that growth. We will create an additional 400 jobs, serve 5,000 individuals in need of our services, and place 100 individuals with barriers into competitive employment per year by that time.
- Self-actualization: We work with all team members to help them reach their highest potential and life goals.
- Donors and Customers: We honor and value our donors and customers, and make their interactions with us a positive experience.
- Learning Organization: We are all learners and trainers, and we make learning accessible for our team member’s active engagement in lifelong learning.
- Integrity: We take personal responsibility, treat everyone with respect, and keep our promises.
- Stewardship: We manage the resources entrusted to us with responsibility and care.
- Hand Up, Not a Hand Out: We believe that self-reliance leads to dignity.
- Empowerment: We expect our team members to make decisions.
- Teamwork: We ask for input from those around us and work with one another to accomplish our goals.
- Open Communication: We respect open and honest communication, and make direct communication with those that can help solve our problems.
- Continuous Improvement: We are committed to getting better every day, and to the pursuit of excellence