Are you searching for a rewarding career with an industry leading nonprofit organization with a mission? Look no further! At Alabama Goodwill Industries, our Mission is to help change lives through the power of work. We serve our community by providing employment development services and placement assistance for employment. Our programs are supported with profits generated through the sale of donated goods in our Retail Stores.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader Coach or designee has primary responsibility for sorting and quality selection of apparel and soft line goods into salable and salvage categories, responsibility for the quality and quantity of store apparel inventory.
- Ensures 100% donor and customer delight. Positive can-do attitude.
- Team work rolls up sleeves and digs in without prodding.
- Stays abreast of brand names, designer labels, current and vintage styles, and price points for soft line goods.
- Selection Appropriately identifies quality and value of items.
- Sort apparel into boutique, salable, and salvage categories with the goal of one dandux/hour or process 4/6 duros per 8 hour work shift.
- Work Quantity Keeps River flowing, consistently meets sort count goals
- Provide quality assurance by checking for tears, stains, wet, smelly, soiled, broken zippers, missing buttons.
- Work Quality appropriate apparel processing and stewardship of the Goodwill River.
- Selection appropriately identifies quality and value of items.
- Assists with pricing, tagging and transporting of apparel movement equipment occasionally or as needed.
- Assist with floor rotation of apparel as needed.
- Maintain sorting and processing area in a neat and clean condition at all times.
- Adhere to all store and personnel policies and procedures; follow good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the Team Leader Coach or ATL.
- Able to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude and a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Regular attendance at the job, requiring team work and interaction with others.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Ability to develop, provide and maintain effective working relationships with team leader, team members, customers, and clients.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends.
- Able to bend, reach and stand for extended periods of time, and to lift up to 20 ponds regularly, up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects as required by job.
- Able to perform tasks that require repetitive motion. Manual dexterity is required.
Alabama Goodwill Industries (AGI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.