Are you searching for a rewarding career with an industry leading nonprofit organization with a mission? Look no further! At Alabama Goodwill Industries, our Mission is to help change lives through the power of work. We serve our community by providing employment development services and placement assistance for employment. Our programs are supported with profits generated through the sale of donated goods in our Retail Stores. Great Opportunity for an experienced cashier!
The cashier will provide the retail store with essential register operations, excellent customer service, and sales floor functions.
- Greet customers at entry.
- Provide superior customer service by assisting customers in locating and purchasing goods
- Cross train in the production of goods as well as the sale of goods, as requested.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance and punctuality record;
- Participate in staff meetings and training, as required;
- Follow all safety procedures; Report accidents/injuries and safety concerns to the appropriate safety staff;
- Comply with Goodwill’s policies and procedures, including performing assigned duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good work ethic;
- Must be able to use a cash register, calculator, credit card processing machine correctly and make change accurately;
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in recognizing items appropriate for sale;
- Able to follow instructions and comply with policies and procedures;
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays;
Job Type: Full-time
Alabama Goodwill Industries (AGI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.