- Sheltered Employment: Consumers gain work skills and experience in an environment that is closely supervised. Some gain enough skills to apply for jobs in competitive employment while others remain at Goodwill until retirement.
- Job Training: Training is available through our janitorial, retail, clerical, and productions departments. Skills such as floor maintenance, sorting donations, hanging clothes in stores, receptionist, and data entry are offered.
- Job Development: When a consumer is ready for competitive employment, our Job Specialist works with them in locating and applying for a position.
- Job Readiness Classes: Consumers are taught interviewing skills, appropriate grooming and dress skills, and practice completing job applications.
- Youth Program: Our Job Placement Specialist works with 16 – 18 year old students in the area schools in Employment Readiness after high school.
Our organization accepts consumers through the Alabama Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. Volunteers from the community teach many of our Job Readiness Classes. Local employers help by hiring our graduates. The federal AbilityOne program through SourceAmerica gives us the opportunity to place applicants on federal contracts.